Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly Eats in Melbourne
We really are spoilt for choice in this city, as there are many great vegan friendly restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs, bakeries, raw food stores, ice-cream stores, donut shops, creperies, pizza joints, health food stores, food trucks and the list goes on!
We've put together a little list here of some of our favourite places.
We're constantly updating it, so keep checking back for more delicious vegan hotspots!
A few of our favourites..
- Crumbs Organic Bakehouse (Sweet + savoury baked goods. Delicious pizza slices & berry danishes - Ascot Vale)
- Mister Nice Guys (Cupcakes, cakes, doughnuts, savoury baked goods & crazy milkshakes. 100% vegan - Ascot Vale)
- Fatto a Mano (Range of vegan pizza slices, filled rolls, pastries & cakes - Fitzroy)
- La Panella (Very reasonably priced sweet + savoury items, including croissants, doughnuts, slices, pies & sausage rolls - Preston)
- V Series (Has a large selection of pretty little cupcakes. It is also a vegetarian cafe/restaurant - Kew).
- Admiral Cheng-Ho (Vegetarian - Abbotsford)
- Matcha Mylkbar (The ultimate vegan brunch cafe. Prepare to be amazed, from vegan poached 'eggs', to green matcha pancakes and blue algae lattes - St Kilda)
- Monk Bodhi Dharma (Vegetarian - Balaclava)
- Serotonin Dealer (Vegetarian. This eatery is on a mission to educate diners on living a happy lifestyle. The brunch items, raw desserts & drinks are yummy, but are a little pricey - Burnley)
- Urban Projuice (Our go-to brunch spot! The menu here is always creative, and most items are plant-based - Albert Park. // You can learn more about it in our review.)
- V Series (Great for brunch [we love their tofu benedict] and lunch [they even have bento boxes]. On Fri + Sat nights they also serve dinner - Kew).
- Yong Green Food (One of our favourite restaurants in town! Mostly plant-based, and specialises in wholesome, nourishing dishes - Fitzroy. // See our review here.)
- Vegie Bar (An all-vegetarian, Melbourne classic that's over 20 years old. The menu here is huge, so there is always something for everyone - Fitzroy)
- Vegilicious (This restaurant also caters at many festivals, and we're absolutely crazy for their healthy, flavoursome food! - St Kilda)
- Sabas Ethiopian (Plenty of vegan options and super friendly staff - Fitzroy)
- Sister of Soul (Vegetarian. Yummy food and located right by the beach - St Kilda)
- Shakahari (Vegetarian. Great for special occasions - Carlton & South Melbourne)
- Smith & Daughters (Vegan food like you've never seen it before. They also have a deli around the corner - Fitzroy)
- Transformer (Vegetarian. Run by the same owners as Vegie Bar. Great for a fine dining, veg experience - Fitzroy)
- Neko Neko (Japanese restaurant, with a half vegan, half pescatarian menu. We think the food here is exquisite, and you can find out why in our review here. - Fitzroy).
- Red Sparrow (An entirely plant-based pizzeria, making delicious authentic wood-fired pizzas. - Collingwood)
For a Casual Meal
- The Organic Food & Wine Deli [TOFWD] (Organic, wholesome food store right by Flinders Station. Our favourities are their healthy pies, bakes, burgers and salads. Also have a great range of vegan desserts - CBD).
- Radhey Chai Bar (Absolutely love this place! Mostly vegan menu, offering food that is healthy, comforting, fast and very affordable. Also a great selection of chai and herbal teas - Fitzroy).
- Supercharger Wholefood (100% vegan and our #1 go-to for lunch in the CBD. You choose how many items you'd like and then fill up a whole. The food here is super satisfying and tasty - Emporium [CBD], QV Building [CBD], Prahran & Chadstone Shopping Centre).
- Tahina Bar (One of our favourite falafel bars. We love the falafel salad plate which comes with a mix of red + green falafels, hummus, pita and lots of salads - Northcote).
- Mantra Lounge (100% vegan cafe, located right near Melbourne University. A great place for a fast, healthy & affordable meal - Carlton).
- Spud Bar (Healthy DIY baked potatoes, with many vegan toppings options. Located all around Melbourne.)
- Rue de Creperie (Has a very substantial offering of both sweet + savoury vegan crepes. The vegan menu isn't listed online, but is clearly written up in store - Fitzroy)
For Raw Food (Savoury + Sweet)
- Shoku Iku (Entirely raw + organic cafe, with a very creative menu. We went to a raw vegan dinner event here and were blown away by it! - Northcote).
- Raw Trader (Enormous range of raw, vegan, gluten-free & refined-sugar free desserts - CBD).
- Pana Chocolate (Chocolate unlike anything else. You can now buy their bars all over the world, but their flagship store also holds a cafe offering drinks, chocolates and other raw desserts - Richmond).
- Yong Green Food (This favourite restaurant of ours offers several raw dishes, including macadamia-based pizza, chia nachos and several desserts - Fitzroy).
- Cocomama's (All-raw + vegan cafe. Serves items like walnut 'meat' tacos, creamy kelp noodles and rainbow salads, as well as smoothie bowls, juices and desserts - Elsternwick).
- Simple Seed (Serves entirely plant-based, wholesome foods. Includes salads, smoothie bowls and incredible desserts - South Yarra).
- Combi (Range of raw savouries + sweets, including pizza, zucchini pasta, cheesecakes & smoothie bowls - Elwood).
- Sister of Soul (Offers items like raw lasagne, salads, breakfast bowls and some desserts - St Kilda).
- Serotonin Dealer (Large range of raw desserts - Burnley).
Ice Cream +
- Gojé (Plant-based, artisan-made, organic & refined sugar-free frozen desserts - all made from scratch. No wonder this place is so popular! - Yarraville).
- Joylati (Generous range of vegan gelato flavours, as well as gelato cakes & other desserts - Prahran) [*above 2 images credited @joylatigelateria]
- Gelato Messina (Large range of vegan sorbets, including dark chocolate - Several locations).
- Girls & Boys (Newly opened 100% vegan dessert bar, offering gelato, soft-serve & cakes - Fitzroy).