Bed & Bath Linen
Bed & Bath Linen
Once you've slept in pure linen, or organic cotton, there's really no going back. Because apart from knowing it's better for your own health, the farmer's health and the planet's health, it just feels so damn fine!!
Simple is best
We're slowly switching over from conventional cotton to organic cotton, organic bamboo, or linen (which is generally grown without pesticides anyway) as our bed & bath linen wears out. Here are some of our faves....
Plastic-free homewares & Utensils
Ditch your micro-fibre cloths (because the tiny fibres get into the ocean via household plumbing when the cloths are cleaned in water - causing issues to marine life who swallow them) and use old-fashioned cotton cleaning cloths instead. They work just as well!
You can buy organic cotton cleaning cloths, or use your old t-shirts and towels, cut up into little squares.
Pop them in the washing machine with a vinegar rinse in the fabric softener compartment, and they will last for ages.
We make up our own general cleaning lotion, with a mix of 2 tablespoons each pure vegetable dish soap & tea tree disinfectant + a few drops of Eucalyptus, Lavender and Tea Tree oils. We put that in a refillable glass bottle, and top up with water.
This is safe to use on marble or stone as it doesn't contain acid so won't etch the surface, and the tea-tree oil is a natural mould killer.
If you're not using it on natural stone, you can add a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar to this mix.
All those expensive plastic bottles of fabric softener in the supermarket? Turns out you don't need them, as something much simpler works even better.
We keep a flip top glass bottle of vinegar rinse in the laundry, and add a good splash or two in the fabric softener section of the washing machine instead. It removes any last trace of soap residue, stops the clothes smelling musty, and leaves fabric beautifully soft.
To make it:
Add a teaspoon each of lavender, tea-tree and eucalyptus oil to a 1 litre glass bottle. Top up with white vinegar, give it a shake, and you're ready to embark of a field of lavender dreams!
Online Eco Home & Gift Stores
These are some of our favourite online marketplaces to find home products that are eco-friendly, zero-waste, plastic-free, cruelty-free, ethically made and vegan.
- Biome Eco Stores
- Australian based. Also have physical stores in Queensland.
- Large product range, with strict ethical/sustainable standards
- Find: reusable/zero-waste living products, food containers, beauty products, household cleaning items, cookware, organic sheets & towels, garden/composting products, eco-related books, baby products, vegan foods & more.
- Flora & Fauna
- Australian based. Online only.
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- Carry 4500+ products
- Find: beauty products, makeup, baby & kids products, eco-friendly living items, homewares, accessories, some clothing, vegan treat foods & more.
- The Clean Collective
- Australian based. Online only. Worldwide shipping.
- Toxin-free, eco-friendly & wholesome
- Eco luxe vibes
- Find: eco kitchen, bathroom & home items, zero waste tools, pregnancy care products, skincare & body products, baby products, gifts & more.